Happiness is only real when shared. I hope you're happy today.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Sell Out !

Today evening, I watched "Sell Out" with my friends at Kinta City. I was uncertain while my friend asked me to watch this movie because I have less confidence on made-in-Malaysia movie. But, I was wrong. This movie is awesome!



Well, I don't really understand what is the story the movie trying to tell, but whatever, I just wanna sit in the air-conditioned theater especially the weather is so hot, enjoy the movie and laugh. Yea, I laughed a lots.

What was I surprised is, Peter Davis and Jessica Lai can sing very well, especially Jessica Lai, she can sing exceptionally good. My favourite song was "You're Not My Type". They sang this song when Eric Tan(by Peter Davis) had his head hit by an auntie and was sent to a clinic.

And I aware that they shot the beginning scenes in Yut Loy Restaurant, which I introduced in my last entry. Ah, I am so proud for visiting the restaurant last Sunday. Haha...Ermm, the young director, Yeo Joon Han introduced a lots of Malaysian elements into this movie.

Some scenes for example.

When Rafflesia Pong(the female protagonist)interviewed a dying old uncle, she asked him whether he remember the Trigonometry formula and whether he apply the formula in his life. I laughed from the bottom of my heart when I see this scene. The director critized the educational system of Malaysia school, where the students have to memorize a lots of formula and not sure whether we are going to apply in the future career. Yea, we did memorize a lots of formula. Usually we will forget them after the semester ends until we open up the book, and look over it again when we need them for future exams and tests.

This movie is a musical comedy film and talking about music, one of the funny scenes is, they put up the lyrics on screen and play the melody, just like karaoke. Yea, Chinese love singing karaoke. (^<^)

Sell Out! world-premiered at the Venice Film Festival in 2008 and won the Young Cinema Award for Altre Visioni. It also won the NETPAC Award at the Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival and has been invited to 13 international film festivals so far.

"Sell Out" is a very nice movie. Watch it before too late! Even if you're late, buy a DVD and watch it at home. Don't miss it.

Last but not least, "Don't 'but' me!", my favourite quote from the movie.

No comments: