Happiness is only real when shared. I hope you're happy today.

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Clay Pot Chicken Rice @ Menglembu

          It's been a while since I last updated my previous post. Now I am back because I found another hidden jewel in Ipoh. Since I am back to my lovely hometown about 4 months ago, I have been constantly craving for more yet-to-be-discovered Ipoh foods.

         I don't know the history of this shop but I believe it must be there for decades judging by its appearance. Its name is Cheong Kee Clay Pot Rice 昌记瓦煲饭. Although they put 驰名(English translation: famous) on their signboard, I wouldn't know its existence if it weren't for my friends. Well, you can blame me for not being observant because it's just located next to the Tenaga Nasional Berhard outlet behind Menglembu's Wet Market/Pasar Pagi.  


The owner seems to be in his 60's or 70's. Yet he has to take care of all the clay pots. As you can see, he uses the most traditional method for cooking the clay pot chicken rice. This makes the rice taste much better! 


          The rice is soft but slightly too oily to my taste. Hmm, I didn't smell any aroma of salted fish albeit they put a big chunk of it. Overall, I am quite satisfied with this traditional clay pot chicken rice. It's worthy to mention that the price is affordable compared to same food in other areas in Ipoh; only RM 4.50 for small one and you just add RM 4.00 for a big one. I will pay you another visit!

       

No comments: