Happiness is only real when shared. I hope you're happy today.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

I am a Bad Boy Bad Boy ???!

Yesterday, I went to downtown Hamilton to get my haircut. Initially, I managed to looking for the barbershop that I saw a week ago/ But I couldn't remember where is the barbershop and I have been wandered around the streets for half an hour. So I gave up looking for that barbershop. When I passed by a barbershop which I have never seen before, and I quickly looked at the board that wrote :学生剪发特优十元(student haircut special price: 10 dollars). I hesitated for a couple of seconds before enter the barbershop. The barber is a female, around 40.

She asked: "剪头发(Hair-cut)?" "Er", I replied. Actually, I was shocked that she speak Mandarin with me. I thought she would speak English to me. “请坐(Please have a sit)", she said. She was so "cool'. That was my first thought.

After 20 minutes of long waiting, finally it was my turn. This is the point my story begin. She asked me what hair style I want. I replied that just cut my hair short, but not too short, not too long. She was blur. Haha. She asked me do I study in McMaster. I said yes. Also, I told her that I comes from Malaysia. "Which area?", she asked. This time I was blur. I thought she is a Chinese from China and why she wanna know which area I come from. "霹雳州(Perak)", I answered. "Oh, 西马(West Coast of Malaysia)", she said. I became more blur. How she knew that??? Until she said that she came from Sabah, East of Malaysia, the thousands hundreds of questions in my head were gone. Well, we had a very nice conversation for nearly an hour.

Suddenly, she gave a very surprising offer to me. "要highlight吗(Do you wanna hightlight your hair)?, she asked. I didn't know how to answer her question. I was damn shocked{Yup, I was}. "像我头发一样,很漂亮的(It will looks like my hair, it will be very pretty)" she said with happiness. And she said that she would give me a special discount since we were very "ngam kee{Cantonese phrase}". Well, I like to try new stuff, therefore I accept her offer.

Again, we had another an hour comfortable conversation. She told me a lot of her background and a "secret" about her barbershop. In fact, that's not a secret but she said that she never told anyone about the event. I had my hair-cut finished at 3.25pm and I left the barbershop. I think I would never see her again. She is a nice woman and I wish good luck to her from the bottom of my heart.

One of my friends always said that I have become a bad boy since I came here. Of course he is kidding when he said it. But, well, I am truly a bad boy now{of course I am not}. ^^

Okay, below is one of the most shocking photos of the 21st century.














I like surprises, don't you? Erm, you can hardly see my highlight, isn't it? I intentionally take this photo in this manner. :P

10 comments:

Linda Anuar said...

whoaaa bruce lee. what happened to your hair? bad boy eh skarang? hikhik. i think red highlight would make you look more like a bad boy :P kalau kamu berani la...hahaha

Calvin Lee said...

Haha, you're right. I couldn't accept red highlight myself.

I AM A BLOGGER said...

Omg, i can't see the highlight lah!
haaa, warna hair is bad boy?! Where did u get tat definition? Btw, y u said that u will nt see tat aunt again leh?

Calvin Lee said...

U can't see my golden hair? Next year you would probably see it. Hehe...Erm, that aunt said that she gonna close that barbershop this December. So, I could never go to that shop to have my haircut again.

Anonymous said...

Nah, it's not that obvious what, and I do concur with Jay's words, whoever defines hair-dying=bad boy? You can hardly meet a Malaysian there, doesn't it? Sound so good to meet her woh..hahha

Anonymous said...

Oh ya, forgot to ask, the whole package costed you how much in RM?

Calvin Lee said...

I didn't said that I am a bad boy. I used that title just for fun. :P She said that since we were so "ngam kee", so she gave a special discount to me woh. CAD$40. I think the normal price is CAD$50 something. Lucky! :D

Anonymous said...

Y she wan close the shop?

Calvin Lee said...

The reason is very simple: She wants to retire. She once closed that shop but she came back to work 3 years ago. She is the owner of that building. Besides, her husband is a consultant in a huge company, she don't have to work to gain earnings.

Linda Anuar said...

kok leong budak baik :P