Happiness is only real when shared. I hope you're happy today.

Monday, August 25, 2008

2008 Beijing Olympic Closing Ceremony

Wowow! It was totally awesome to watch Beijing Olympic closing ceremony live. I hope I was there, but it is impossible since I have no money to buy the entrance ticket. Hehe. Anyhow, it was not bad to watch the closing ceremony in home. 42 world records and 57 Olympic records were broken by the athletes. China won the most gold medal(51 gold medals) and rose to rank 1 in overall medal standings for the first time. However, United States won the most medals (36 golds, 38 silvers and 36 bronzes) which comes to a total of 110. Russia, United States and China still dominate the first three places and I am not surprised since these three countries have dominated the first three places since 2000 Sydney Olympic.

When talking about athletes, you must not forget Michael Phelps, an American swimmer. He won a total of 8 gold medals and successfully surpass Mark Spitz, who was also an American swimmer that had held 7 gold medals that he won at 1972 Olympic Games, create a new Olympic record by winning the most medals at a single Olympic. The another surprise is from Usain Bolt, a well-known field and sprint athlete. He breaks 3 world records( 100m , 400m and 400m relay). He is the first man to win all three events at a single Olympic since Carl Lewis in 1984, and the first man in history to set world records in all three at a single Olympic. These two men have a very bright future. Hope to see them in 2012 London Olympic. Oh ya, I almost forgot about another power that could possible challenge the domination of China, Russia and America in the next Olympic Games-- Great Britain. Great Britain was at rank 4 in this game and only 4 golds less than Russia. It seems like there will be a fiery competition among the dominant-countries and the host-country in 2012 Olympic Games. I can't wait!

My lovely home-country, Malaysia only won a silver and was ranked 71 out of 204 countries that participating in 29th Beijing Olympic. Nevertheless, I am so proud of Malaysia. All the athletes had tried their best. Although they didn't win in their match, they won the spirit of Olympic.

If compared to the opening ceremony, the closing ceremony is more simple but magnificent. I've taken "a few"(actually it's quite a lot, haha) photos to share with all of you. I hope you all enjoy these photos. Cheers to Beijing Olympic 2008! Hoho






































***I am excited to see a Beijing-blogger visit my blog. I hope he/she will take a look at this post***

No comments: