Happiness is only real when shared. I hope you're happy today.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

揾嘢吃 @ Yeolde English (Ipoh)

The purpose of this trip is not solely to satisfy my appetite, but also celebrate my mom's 52nd birthday. The number of Western cuisine restaurants is springing up like mushrooms after the rain in this small town city. But one of the most price affordable and tastiest Western cuisines has to be this restaurant -- Yeold English.

Fresh Tomato Juice RM3.50; Fresh Watermelon Juice RM2.90; Fresh Kiwi Blended RM7.00 (from left to right)

They offer various kinds of fresh juices and smoothies which I think is a brilliant idea since veggie and fruits help to reduce the fats absorbed by our digestion system and cleanse our body from toxins produced during the high-temperature cooking process. However, the drinks are too dilute. I ordered a fresh kiwi blended which supposed to be masam, but it tastes sweet. Dafuq???

Barbecue Chicken RM11.99

This BBQ chicken is quite tender but it wasn't so special.

Fish & Chips RM11.99

I am a huge fan of fish & chips. This fish & chips is one of the best that I have ever had. Unlike many fried fish which has very thick coating, this fried fish has a very thin coating so it feels like I am biting a fish, not a layer of flour. Regrettably, it wasn't beer battered. And the sauce is sooooooooo refreshing, so you must dip the fish with the sauce. The french fries is a must-try too!

Seafood Spaghetti RM9.99  

Spaghetti is also one of my favourites. I only got a bite on the two juicy oysters, so no comments on the taste of other items. From the display of the foods, it sure looks promising.  


Mangoes Cake RM5.90

We ended the lovely dinner with a mangoes cake. 

p.s.// If you do follow my blog, you will have notice a huge improvement in my photography of food. That's
        because I have bought a new set of macro lens filters. A new Nikon macro lens is not financially afford-
        able, lens filters work fine, if not better. 

2 comments:

durianland said...

Barbecue Sauced Chicken looks great. Also the seafood spaghetti. Ah, it reminds me of the seafood oglio pasta. Thanks for sharing! Great photography. I can see you have passion there.

Calvin Lee said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and your comment. Yup, I loves foods more than anything, except photography :)